#openmandriva-cooker Meeting

Meeting started by _TPG at 15:16:39 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Discussing suggested meeting rule: we do our best to reach the consensus and not to vote. In case of controversial issues the topic is taken to Loomio to relevant group. (_TPG, 15:39:02)
  2. Agreeing on new ways of attracting more developers/ stimulating the dev community so that current team gets support (_TPG, 16:11:00)
    1. ACTION: everybody, please think of local universities and contact Kate if you would be ready to make a presentation about OMA there (_TPG, 16:28:34)
    2. http://archlinuxarm.org/ look this (fedya_, 16:33:49)
    3. https://project.openmandriva.org/work_packages/17 <- Vbox idea is turung one year old... (_TPG, 16:42:14)
    4. ACTION: investigate having ready-made VMs for services and easier download, take into account bandwidth (klebedeff, 16:46:51)

  3. basic requirements for new openmandriva.org look (_TPG, 16:53:07)
    1. http://openmandriva.org/en/home current home site looks ugly with a lot of empty places (_TPG, 16:55:45)
    2. https://manjaro.github.io/ looks cool also (_TPG, 17:01:00)
    3. ACTION: rework oma website based on best practives on other distributions main sites, like bodhilinux.com, manjaro.github.io and so on (_TPG, 17:07:05)

  4. QA testing needs to be extended to the forums (_TPG, 17:11:04)
    1. http://lanyrd.com/dashboard/ try to find (avokhmin, 17:12:37)
    2. ACTION: @everybody, please think of your local Linux groups and communities, may be you can go there and demo OMA? Please address Kate if you see such a chance (klebedeff, 17:16:57)
    3. ACTION: if you know contacts of your local groups, please share that with Kate, in order to send them personalized USBs with OMA to test (klebedeff, 17:18:25)
    4. ACTION: if you know of FOSS fairs, which fit our interests (this year) except for FISL, please let Kate know (klebedeff, 17:19:16)

  5. QA testing needs to be extended to the forums (_TPG, 17:22:05)
    1. http://www.simplemachines.org/ (blackcrack, 17:31:29)
    2. ACTION: regularly scheduled QA sprints focussed on specific sub-systems with irc interaction (_TPG, 17:51:06)
    3. https://wiki.openmandriva.org/de/Bugs_melden (tapwag, 17:51:41)

  6. Upcoming elections and general assembly (_TPG, 17:58:09)
    1. ACTION: (klebedeff, 18:02:14)

  7. Adding the pending translations to the website (_TPG, 18:11:00)
    1. https://www.transifex.com/organization/openmandriva/dashboard/openmandriva-website (tapwag, 18:16:42)
    2. ACTION: (klebedeff, 18:29:44)
    3. ACTION: ashledombos tapwag make a project for translation import (klebedeff, 18:33:22)

  8. 2015.0 alpha release status (_TPG, 18:35:46)
    1. https://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5 (_TPG, 20:10:57)
    2. http://ml.openmandriva.org/listinfo.cgi/om-infra-openmandriva.org (ashledombos, 20:30:23)
    3. http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00140374.html (ashledombos, 20:30:36)
    4. http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00149472.html (ashledombos, 20:30:40)
    5. http://ml.openmandriva.org/listinfo.cgi/om-infra-openmandriva.org (ashledombos, 20:30:58)
    6. http://system76.com (ashledombos, 20:31:10)
    7. http://ml.openmandriva.org/listinfo.cgi/om-infra-openmandriva.org (ashledombos, 20:31:27)
    8. http://f-picture.net/lfp/s017.radikal.ru/i421/1504/09/2b33e350cb76.png (fedya_, 20:34:31)


Meeting ended at 20:55:37 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. everybody, please think of local universities and contact Kate if you would be ready to make a presentation about OMA there
  2. investigate having ready-made VMs for services and easier download, take into account bandwidth
  3. rework oma website based on best practives on other distributions main sites, like bodhilinux.com, manjaro.github.io and so on
  4. @everybody, please think of your local Linux groups and communities, may be you can go there and demo OMA? Please address Kate if you see such a chance
  5. if you know contacts of your local groups, please share that with Kate, in order to send them personalized USBs with OMA to test
  6. if you know of FOSS fairs, which fit our interests (this year) except for FISL, please let Kate know
  7. regularly scheduled QA sprints focussed on specific sub-systems with irc interaction
  8. ashledombos tapwag make a project for translation import


Action items, by person

  1. ashledombos
    1. ashledombos tapwag make a project for translation import
  2. tapwag
    1. ashledombos tapwag make a project for translation import
  3. UNASSIGNED
    1. everybody, please think of local universities and contact Kate if you would be ready to make a presentation about OMA there
    2. investigate having ready-made VMs for services and easier download, take into account bandwidth
    3. rework oma website based on best practives on other distributions main sites, like bodhilinux.com, manjaro.github.io and so on
    4. @everybody, please think of your local Linux groups and communities, may be you can go there and demo OMA? Please address Kate if you see such a chance
    5. if you know contacts of your local groups, please share that with Kate, in order to send them personalized USBs with OMA to test
    6. if you know of FOSS fairs, which fit our interests (this year) except for FISL, please let Kate know
    7. regularly scheduled QA sprints focussed on specific sub-systems with irc interaction


People present (lines said)

  1. _TPG (239)
  2. ashledombos (221)
  3. klebedeff (213)
  4. itchka (144)
  5. jofazepa (116)
  6. blackcrack (75)
  7. Xu_R (50)
  8. fedya_ (47)
  9. bero|2 (41)
  10. ben79 (39)
  11. tapwag (28)
  12. jclv (20)
  13. nido (13)
  14. avokhmin (13)
  15. crisb (10)
  16. bero_mobile (9)
  17. chwido (9)
  18. Kvok_ (7)
  19. denis_silakov (4)
  20. Xu|Mobile (4)
  21. bero (3)
  22. Kvok (2)
  23. n3npq (2)
  24. OnlyHuman (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.