16:24:51 <itchka> #startmeeting
16:24:51 <chwido> Woof! Let's start the meeting. It's Wed Feb 14 16:24:51 2018 UTC. The chair is itchka. Information about me at https://wiki.openmandriva.org/en/Chwido.
16:24:51 <chwido> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:24:51 <chwido> You should add extra chair(s) just in case, with #chair nick.
16:24:51 <chwido> Have a good meeting, don't bark too much!
16:25:40 <itchka> Present bero ben79 itchka Pharaoh_Atem
16:25:57 <itchka> #item 1
16:26:15 <itchka> #topic RPM report.
16:26:46 <itchka> I guess there's not much happened her because you have been away bero.
16:27:10 <bero> Well, the 2 problematic packages (distro-release and distro-theme) are fixed
16:28:02 <bero> so as far as the other packages are concerned, we're pretty much ready to try the new rpm
16:28:12 <bero> abf will likely need some adjustments too
16:28:56 <itchka> So what will you do. A mass builld as a kind of ghost distro?
16:29:09 <bero> yes, once the new stuff is there
16:29:16 <bero> essentially waiting for Pharaoh_Atem here
16:30:31 <itchka> Presumably there will be groups of generic failures which could then be fixed with sed scripts?
16:31:28 <itchka> Or could it be worked around in other way like macro changes
16:31:38 <bero> yes
16:31:59 <bero> we're hoping there won't be a lot of failures in the first place
16:32:07 <bero> but we'll have to see...
16:32:50 <itchka> In England we call that "Famous last words" :)
16:33:59 <itchka> So we will push OMLx4 with rpm4?
16:35:17 <bero> Unless things go badly wrong, yes
16:38:37 <Pharaoh_Atem> hey
16:38:39 <Pharaoh_Atem> I'm here
16:39:02 <Pharaoh_Atem> bero: there's really only one last thing to fix before we can start mass pushing and cycling through
16:39:12 <Pharaoh_Atem> and that's the rpm-openmandriva-setup package
16:39:21 <Pharaoh_Atem> it needs some cleanup to make sure it doesn't do something obnoxious
16:39:46 <Pharaoh_Atem> and I need to make mock available, too
16:40:42 <Pharaoh_Atem> I will be pushing my updated dnf package sources into the appropriate source repos, and then bero and I need to coordinate how to make the push so we don't break abf
16:41:00 <bero> I've already looked there and didn't see anything that should break things... But would be good if you looked at it too, you're more familiar with rpm4 than me
16:42:10 <Pharaoh_Atem> right, will do
16:42:24 <Pharaoh_Atem> the main thing I was concerned about was some of the overrides in there
16:42:35 <Pharaoh_Atem> some of them should have no effect, but others might break stuff
16:44:01 <bero> Let's take a look... I was thinking they should probably remain there at least initially to give the packages what they currently expect
16:44:14 <bero> but maybe some stuff won't actually work that way
16:44:35 <Pharaoh_Atem> well, the dep generators need to be reworked to follow rpm4 standard
16:44:43 <Pharaoh_Atem> fileattr definition + script
16:45:09 <itchka> Scuse the interruption cat just tipped obe my cup of tea!!
16:45:18 <Pharaoh_Atem> some of them are dupes of what's in rpm already
16:45:24 <Pharaoh_Atem> so those need to be disabled for rpm4 build
16:45:59 <Pharaoh_Atem> the entire platform dir needs to be purged
16:46:22 <Pharaoh_Atem> that's autogenerated during rpm package build based on your configure settings
16:46:27 <bero> hmm, is there no support for platform dirs in rpm4?
16:46:47 <Pharaoh_Atem> they exist, but they work _slightly_ differently
16:47:06 <bero> it's autogenerated during rpm5 build too, we just decided to nuke the autogenerated bits and put in what we want there to allow for proper crosscompiling and all
16:47:14 <bero> so that may need a little reworking
16:47:20 <Pharaoh_Atem> right
16:47:54 <Pharaoh_Atem> I don't see anything "wrong" in mandriva macros
16:48:30 <Pharaoh_Atem> some stuff should probably be cleaned out to not break things, though
16:49:29 <Pharaoh_Atem> we do need to locate all packages using rpm5 file triggers and make them support rpm4 file triggers
16:49:34 <Pharaoh_Atem> we can do that with a conditional thing
16:49:46 <Pharaoh_Atem> but I don't know how to identify those
16:52:06 <Pharaoh_Atem> bero: we may also want to go ahead and implement a ton of file triggers for the rpm4 rebuild
16:52:20 <bero> true, those would be really important
16:52:21 <Pharaoh_Atem> there's a bunch of things in mandriva macros that in mageia we've converted to file triggers
16:52:31 <bero> I'm not really sure how file triggers in rpm4 work
16:52:57 <Pharaoh_Atem> they're pretty simple: http://rpm.org/user_doc/file_triggers.html
16:53:04 <bero> We don't have that many in the rpm5 world
16:53:46 <Pharaoh_Atem> the main one I know about is systemd, but I don't think that file trigger works correctly even now
16:54:03 <Pharaoh_Atem> we can use the upstream file triggers for rpm4, though
16:54:11 <Pharaoh_Atem> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/src/core/triggers.systemd.in
16:54:42 <Pharaoh_Atem> this is based on the triggers used in Mageia ;)
16:54:56 <bero> yes... Where do the triggers go? In the spec file and from there to the rpmdb?
16:55:06 <Pharaoh_Atem> Yep
16:55:12 <bero> In rpm5 they live in the filesystem, /var/lib/rpm/filetriggers
16:55:16 <Pharaoh_Atem> yeah, I know
16:55:22 <Pharaoh_Atem> that's the old implementation
16:55:25 <bero> makes it a little easier to know which ones are still missing
16:55:26 <Pharaoh_Atem> which was fundamentally racey
16:55:47 <Pharaoh_Atem> (which is why when Mageia's implementation was upstreamed, it was transformed to not live on the filesystem)
16:56:07 <bero> We'll probably need to take care of the kernel file triggers
16:56:16 <Pharaoh_Atem> yeah
16:56:16 <bero> but can't do that before rpm4 is in the tree
16:56:25 <bero> since rpm5 will barf at the %filetrigger macros
16:56:34 <Pharaoh_Atem> we can condition it on the %rpmversion macro
16:56:38 <Pharaoh_Atem> that only exists in rpm5
16:56:59 <bero> true
16:57:13 <Pharaoh_Atem> so `%if 0%rpmversion >= 5`, rpm5 style, `%else`, rpm4 style
16:57:27 <bero> but I think it's kind of pointless to add the filetriggers now, rebuild the package, change rpm, and then rebuild it again
16:57:33 <Pharaoh_Atem> sure
16:57:38 <bero> might just make the change without legacy compat wrappers later
16:57:42 <Pharaoh_Atem> the only package I think we'll need to do that for is systemd
16:57:57 <Pharaoh_Atem> because, well, we need to buildroot to be functional
16:58:27 <Pharaoh_Atem> though even that might not be necessary if we only do chroot based builds
16:58:36 <Pharaoh_Atem> maybe glibc might need fixing, because ldconfig
16:59:00 <Pharaoh_Atem> then the rest could be done purely the new way when we get to them
17:02:50 <Pharaoh_Atem> anyway, bero, I think you get the idea of what we need to figure out as we do the push
17:05:17 <bero> yes...
17:05:40 <bero> glibc may be necessary, but I guess that needs to be pushed at the same time as rpm
17:06:05 <bero> if it's pushed before, the new filetriggers won't actually be in place, and if it's pushed later, the filetriggers won't be in place to set up the buildroot for glibc
17:06:07 <Pharaoh_Atem> yeah
17:06:31 <Pharaoh_Atem> does mock-urpm do chrooted rpm to install packages?
17:06:36 <Pharaoh_Atem> or does it use host rpm/urpmi?
17:06:47 <bero> I have no idea...
17:06:52 <bero> I'd guess it uses host tools
17:06:56 <Pharaoh_Atem> if it uses the rpm in the chroot, then we're screwed, and we'll need to pull in mga urpmi temporarily
17:06:57 <bero> TPG would know
17:07:03 <Pharaoh_Atem> if it uses the host, we'll be safe for a while
17:07:34 <bero> probably need to pull in mga urpmi anyway to keep stuff working
17:08:15 <Pharaoh_Atem> well, everything will be broken until the whole thing is rebuilt because we *have* to drop those compat patches for distepoch
17:08:35 <Pharaoh_Atem> it screws up EVR string comparisons for anything that doesn't have full EVRD
17:08:56 <Pharaoh_Atem> and Panu and I wracked our brains over the problem for a while
17:09:04 <Pharaoh_Atem> there's just no nice way to deal with that
17:13:22 <bero> true...
17:13:32 <bero> but I don't think we actually rely on distepoch anywhere
17:14:35 <Pharaoh_Atem> if you don't do %version-%release in Requires/Provides strings at a minimum, it breaks
17:14:46 <Pharaoh_Atem> so Requires: foo >= %version is borked
17:15:01 <Pharaoh_Atem> err Requires: foo >= %epoch:%version is borked
17:15:20 <Pharaoh_Atem> %version is fine, and %version-%release is fine, and %epoch:%version-%release:%distepoch is fine
17:15:50 <bero> We generally use %{EVRD} which is currently defined as %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}:%{distepoch}
17:16:06 <bero> We could just redefine it to %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release} with distepoch going away
17:16:11 <bero> so no changes needed
17:16:22 <Pharaoh_Atem> yeah
17:16:23 <bero> except probably a few packages do weird custom things
17:16:29 <bero> but we won't find those until we do a mass build
17:16:33 <Pharaoh_Atem> the weird packages is what I'm worried about, but yes
17:16:48 <Pharaoh_Atem> I think %EVRD already checks if %distepoch is defined, and if not, it doesn't include it
17:51:57 * ben79 itchka flew the coop
18:15:12 <pooh-bah> Back machine save even with tea dripping in the pcie slot
18:15:32 <pooh-bah> can somebody post what I missing pvt tab
18:19:29 <itchka> Is there anybody there
18:19:42 * ben79 maybe
18:20:24 <itchka> Hi ben79
18:20:45 <itchka> Can you post what I missed in a pvt tab please
18:23:34 <ben79> done
18:23:37 <itchka> Thanks ben79
18:23:58 <itchka> Has everybody gone?
18:24:18 <ben79> Pharaoh_Atem and bero solved dnf and rpm :)
18:24:51 <Pharaoh_Atem> we did?
18:25:08 <Pharaoh_Atem> we will, we haven't yet ;)
18:25:49 <ben79> Uh, maybe I misread something (or did not understand what I was reading) :)
18:26:03 <itchka> So it's ongoing.. I'll read back and catch up.
18:26:21 <ben79> they do seem to be making progress
18:29:54 <Pharaoh_Atem> at least for this topic, I think we're done for now
18:30:03 <Pharaoh_Atem> I have to get going anyway
18:31:15 <itchka> Pharaoh_Atem: Is setting eopoch to -1 a way forward. This was proposed by someone in the past.
18:31:25 <Pharaoh_Atem> no
18:31:34 <Pharaoh_Atem> both rpm5 and rpm4 will choke on that
18:31:51 <Pharaoh_Atem> anyway, I expect the issue to have minimal impact as we rebuild main
18:32:06 <Pharaoh_Atem> once main is rebuilt, the contrib will get rebuilt incrementally and be corrected/cleaned up
18:32:21 <itchka> ok
18:36:02 <itchka> ben79: Let's have a look at those AIBs then
18:36:22 <ben79> Sweeper doesn't clean traces any more on Lx3.0
18:36:22 <ben79> https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2303
18:36:41 <ben79> libatomic1 - wrong architecture?
18:36:41 <ben79> https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2305
18:36:41 <ben79> And Colin's favorite:
18:36:41 <ben79> Latest version Flash Player
18:36:41 <ben79> https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2307
18:36:42 <ben79> QmapShack
18:36:44 <ben79> https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2309
18:37:50 <itchka> Well flash player I can sort out. I started on the automation but it's a bit hazardous
18:38:17 <itchka> Sweep I'm not familiar with...
18:40:36 <itchka> Basically a backport then. Ok I'll give that one a go.
18:42:08 <ben79> RE: FlashPlayer > It seems Adobe is "just as good" as nVidia at working cooperatively with Linux
18:42:15 <ben79> :)
18:42:55 <itchka> The last one looks like it just needs a rebuild. I had some luck hetting the Danish guy start Maik Wagner is still around; I heard from him today so we cna sort that one out.
18:43:24 <itchka> Yes Adobe should publish OpenMandriva rpms :)
18:43:47 <ben79> Bug 2305 is RESOLVED/INVALID and should not have been on today's list, sorry about that...
18:43:50 <itchka> Have you udated from testing yet?
18:44:24 <ben79> Yes except for firewalld and /^firewall/
18:45:07 <itchka> Everything working?
18:46:44 <ben79> As far as I know yes
18:46:55 <ben79> FlashPlayer Plugin is updated.
18:48:02 <itchka> crisb has been quite active lately it was probably him.
18:49:40 <itchka> Will you vote up the kde packages etc? I'll test tonight and if they are good I'll release them.
18:50:14 <itchka> christann is away so it's just going to have to be two votes
18:50:41 <ben79> Would have been nice if it had gone through testing...
18:50:53 <ben79> KDE packages are OK as far as I know.
18:54:27 <itchka> What do you mean _TPG published them straight into updates?
18:55:23 <ben79> I'm talking about FlashPlayer and crisb
18:56:13 <itchka> Well that's ok as flashplayer gous in non-free and there's nothing we can do if it's broken.
18:58:13 <ben79> OK,
18:58:41 <ben79> systemd, dbus, and glibc updates all worked here (as far as I can tell)
18:59:03 <ben79> Have not tested multimedia/libva stuff yet
18:59:53 <ben79> Have not tested firewalld and firewall packages
19:02:20 <itchka> Just about to read your last sentence and my box shut itself down. Tea in the power switch
19:02:34 <itchka> can you repost your last ones
19:03:08 <ben79> Have not tested multimedia/libva stuff yet
19:03:10 <ben79> Have not tested firewalld and firewall packages
19:03:24 <ben79> Do you know if firewalld is OK or not?
19:04:57 <itchka> The guy didn't come back so I assume yes but I'll test it next and let you know.
19:05:46 <itchka> I have discovered why shared folders don't work on our versions of VB
19:06:36 <itchka> but I still haven't been able to get the shared clipboard working
19:06:49 <itchka> Have you ever managed that?
19:07:10 <itchka> I was thinking of doing a virtualbox primer.
19:07:40 <ben79> a primer would be good
19:07:56 <ben79> no success with shared files but haven't tried in a while
19:08:21 <itchka> Here's how to do shared files.
19:08:26 <ben79> Looks like crisb has LibreOffice 6 in testing
19:09:02 <itchka> 1. On the host make sure you are a member of the vboxusers group.
19:12:42 <ben79> OK
19:13:00 <itchka> 2. On the VM make sure you are a member member of the vboxsf group and maybe vboxusers. use the automount option and the shared folder will be mounted on /media/<share_name>. You can then symlink them across to your home if you wish.
19:13:30 <itchka> Then it will automount on startup of the VB
19:14:13 <itchka> I'm going to do a how to on this for the forums once I've got the shared clipboard wroking
19:15:43 <itchka> I forgot one thing
19:16:37 <ben79> and?
19:17:04 <itchka> 3. Even though the kernel modules are already in our kernel you still need to run vbox additions to get the necessart mount command.  It doesn't build or uninstall your existing kernel modules.
19:17:34 <ben79> How to run vbox additions?
19:17:39 <itchka> So you don't need to install kernel headers and all that nonsense
19:18:04 <ben79> reinstall it?
19:18:58 <itchka> It's ok if you've installed it already
19:19:17 <itchka> I hadn't
19:20:58 <ben79> Oh you mean you just need to have vbox additions?
19:21:01 <ben79> Ok
19:21:50 <itchka> Yes
19:22:09 <ben79> OK, I've got this copied an pasted so I can try later.
19:22:34 <ben79> Also on to do is testing multimedia packages in testing
19:22:42 <ben79> Did we do a QA report?
19:22:54 <itchka> No
19:23:54 <ben79> As far as the AIB 2 of 4 are already RESOLVED and QMAPshack should be a simple package rebuild
19:24:29 <ben79> as far as libatomic I don't know if there is a real issue or jsut something AngryPenguin does not understand?
19:24:54 <itchka> Things seem to be a bit better on that front apart from my cockup with os-prober. Did you ever resolve your issue. It's worth remembering that all os-prober does with other os's is to read their grub2.cfg file.
19:25:15 <ben79> Wait libatomid is one of the RESOLVED ones > never mind
19:25:29 <itchka> I thought that one was invalid?
19:25:48 <ben79> OH sweeper should also be a simple package build so there we have AIB for the week
19:26:00 <itchka> That's ok then :)
19:26:49 <ben79> Aren't you gettin close to time to leave?
19:26:58 <itchka> I'll try for those tonight as my wife is out at her band practice.
19:27:22 <itchka> Meeting isn't on tonight. Half-term in the schools
19:27:37 <ben79> OK
19:28:23 <itchka> Need to sign off though so I can put the computer back together properly :)
19:28:31 <itchka> so I'll end th emeeting
19:28:42 <itchka> #endmeeting