16:53:49 <bero> #startmeeting
16:53:49 <chwido> Woof! Let's start the meeting. It's Wed Mar 13 16:53:49 2019 UTC. The chair is bero. Information about me at https://wiki.openmandriva.org/en/Chwido.
16:53:49 <chwido> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:53:49 <chwido> You should add extra chair(s) just in case, with #chair nick.
16:53:49 <chwido> Have a good meeting, don't bark too much!
16:53:59 <bero> #topic ABF, cooker
16:54:44 <bero> So from where I stand, everything is looking good, cooker is working well (still minus the Java mess), ABF hasn't been acting up too badly lately (even though we're seeing some very weird i686 test failures right now, and a couple of unsigned packages -- but those go away from a simple rebuild)
16:55:35 <bero> fdrt has started re-bootstrapping the RISC-V port, that's looking good as well, just needs llvm now (working on that)
16:56:07 <bero> On the Java mess, OpenJDK 12 finally built for everything except aarch64, currently looking into aarch64 builds there
16:56:29 <bero> We'll probably end up with some disabled optimizations as a workaround there for now, to unblock the rest
16:56:51 <bero> There's still some issues with Java mess just not bootstrapping because of thousands of circular dependencies
16:57:04 <bero> but we should have it at a point where we can at least build LO again soon
16:57:13 <bero> Does anyone have anything to add?
16:57:28 <bero> chwido: bite Java
16:57:28 * chwido thinks about biting Java but decides to not to.
16:57:50 <bero> good choice, chwido -- it would just leave a bad taste in your mouth ;)
16:58:27 <AngryPenguin> so oma lx 4 support java from 8 to 12
16:59:23 <bero> yes, at some point we should probably drop anything < 12, but the older versions are needed for building the newer ones
16:59:30 <bero> I don't think we should install anything < 12 by default
17:01:59 <AngryPenguin> ok
17:02:04 <AngryPenguin> about test failures on i686. You mean something similar to this? http://file-store.openmandriva.org/api/v1/file_stores/5350ab09eb487f6ce4eb1a134b1369cf816c6f61.log?show=true
17:02:31 <ben79> Systemsettings5>Personalization>Regional Settings is still broken. https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2449
17:04:29 <bero> AngryPenguin: yes, exactly hthat
17:06:27 <AngryPenguin> bero: so force publishing this package for i686 or wait for fix?
17:06:49 <bero> AngryPenguin: I've been force publishing my packages, should be fine
17:07:07 <AngryPenguin> ok
17:07:54 <ben79> Don't know for sure but I suspect that the module (or one of the modules) for Regional Settings is 'kcmshell5 kcm_translations'
17:08:27 <ben79> org.kde.kcoreaddons: Error loading plugin "kcm_translations" "The shared library was not found."
17:10:45 <bero> ben79: Are you sure this isn't fixed with some of the updates from a couple of minutes ago? The kirigami and plasma-frameworks packages I've built are supposed to fix kcm crashes
17:10:48 <bero> and it actually opens here now
17:11:04 <ben79> I have not updated since yesterday evening.
17:11:38 <bero> ok, try again now...
17:12:13 <ben79> there is a kirigami update
17:14:24 <ben79> It is working on this computer after updating.
17:25:22 <crazy> ben79:  org.kde.kcoreaddons: Error loading plugin "kcm_translations" "The shared library was not found." <-- you can ignore that is legacy stupidity in plasma
17:27:54 <crazy> ben79: some stuff is still installed into $PLUGIN_PATH/kcms/ which for some is by design old way while new way do not expect that .. so every kcm installed into /kcms/ will give you that error from koreaddons while still working fine on legacy part
17:28:44 <ben79> That's what Linux users love, error messages that aren't really errors.
17:29:43 <ben79> I guess it takes a while for all the devs to get on board with the new way.
17:30:14 <ben79> Unlike gnome devs who stay up to date all the time :)
17:31:14 <bero> Right, so up to date that they maintain 3+ different versions of their toolkit
17:31:55 <bero> and the application for which the toolkit was developed steadfastly refuses to work with current ones
17:35:20 <itchka> Around for 30 mins or so but then gone again. Just too busy with prepping for the move...
17:35:53 <ben79> just be careful moving the still
17:36:15 <itchka> :)))
17:36:44 <bero> hi itchka, good luck with the move
17:37:23 <christann> itchka: I hope that the move goes well.
17:37:47 <itchka> Thanks bero: I think I'll be a nervous wreck by the time it's all done!!
18:29:56 <ben79> Hey, wake up folks, some of us don't have all day!
18:31:35 <ben79> AIB for this meeting is added to thread in Cooker ML,
18:31:46 <ben79> in case I have to go suddenly, which I may.
18:32:52 <bero> Well, guess we're done with the cooker topic?
18:33:07 <bero> #topic Lx4 beta Release issues/progress
18:33:12 <bero> ben79: off to you, I guess?
18:33:34 <ben79> AIB for 2019-03-13
18:33:34 <ben79> These 2 it seems should be closed one way or the other.
18:33:34 <ben79> Akonadi fails to create sockets for db comms due to missing packages
18:33:34 <ben79> https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2411
18:33:34 <ben79> Add icewm to ISO packages list
18:33:37 <ben79> https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2152
18:34:29 <ben79> These 2 bugs remain with no change I'm aware of from last week.
18:34:29 <ben79> New: lilypond will not install
18:34:29 <ben79> https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2447
18:34:29 <ben79> wxgtk2.8 need rebuild
18:34:29 <ben79> https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2439
18:34:30 <ben79> 26 open Cooker bugs, 5 are package update requests, another 5 are requests for new packages.
18:35:28 * ben79 Thanks for letting me get that done.
18:38:28 <AngryPenguin> 2439 fixed by itchka
18:39:42 <ben79> OK I marked 2439 as RESOLVED/FIXED then
18:45:03 <bero> 2411 looks fixed too
18:45:37 <bero> 2447 as well, I'm sure people have been working on it, just not 100% sure final packages were built
18:47:48 <itchka> bero: I need to move some python packages from contrib to main. Do I just remove them from one and add then to the other? What happens to the rpms that are in the repository that I have removed them from?
18:48:31 <bero> itchka: yes, remove them from the old one and add them to the other one -- the old rpms are automatically wiped when they're removed
18:50:03 <ben79> Marked bug reports # 2411 and 2447 as RESOLVED/FIXED
18:51:06 <ben79> There, that's what I'm trying to get to, if a bug is resolved we need to close it
18:52:15 <ben79> Bug 2152 is more of a decision that should be made right here in the TC-meeting  right?
18:52:28 <bero> right
18:52:43 <ben79> Are we going to do what is requested by rugyada in that bug report or not?
18:53:28 <ben79> Unless Icewm pulls in a lot of g* packages I say we should do it. If it does pull in g* packages then maybe not.
18:53:42 <bero> same here, currently checking its dependencies
18:54:31 <bero> so it pulls in
18:54:37 <bero> libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0()(64bit)
18:54:37 <bero> libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so.0()(64bit)
18:54:38 <bero> libgio-2.0.so.0()(64bit)
18:54:38 <bero> libglib-2.0.so.0()(64bit)
18:54:38 <bero> libgobject-2.0.so.0()(64bit)
18:54:55 <bero> not huge, but that is some fairly obsolete stuff...
18:55:02 <bero> Let's see if we can at least make it use current versions
18:58:22 <ben79> Maybe we need to update icewm itself: The latest released version is 1.5.2 (2019-02-04). Compared to version 1.4.2 (2017-07-30), this release contains many bugfixes, many portability fixes and updated translations.
18:58:45 <ben79> We are on 1.4.2
19:02:32 <AngryPenguin> ben79: you can try :D
19:03:19 <ben79> Not if we want this done in a reasonable time frame.
19:04:07 <ben79> Maybe this would be a good on for me to try learning package management on but my time is not entirely free for OpenMandriva right now.
19:05:18 <ben79> So I'll address the question of "What do I do to upgrade Icewm to latest version" something after the meeting but also sometime this week
19:05:46 <itchka> bero: Thanks
19:07:19 <ben79> Plus I really don't want to side track getting the but report resolved one way or the other with my personal business.
19:08:00 <ben79> So are we going to add icewm to package list for out ISO's or is that decision under investigation? Pending update of icewm packages?
19:09:29 <ben79> Is icewm a package under current freeze? Obviously a lot of packages aren't.
19:13:31 <ben79> Which implies that ben79 does not understand what "freeze" means in case we would  want to define that.
19:14:04 <ben79> My best guess it means tool-chain packages are frozen at this time.
19:24:34 * ben79 Need to be AFK for a bit.
20:43:10 <itchka> Box keeps locking up in plasma
20:47:54 * ben79 back to kbd for a short time
20:49:34 <itchka> Is meeting still running?
20:49:57 <bero> yes, but unless people have other things they want to bring up, may be best to close it...
20:50:03 <bero> Not a lot of people here today
20:50:33 <itchka> bero: Probably best..
20:51:02 <bero> #action get that Lx4 release done
20:51:05 <bero> #endmeeting